Friday, January 18, 2008

Thoughts on Seattle Metro Buses

I don't have a car. So I carry on a love/hate relationship with the Seattle bus system. I like having the extra time to read, or people watch. And I love the bus tunnel. I love that I don't have to stand out in the cold and rain waiting. I do, however, wish there were newspaper vendors down in the tunnel.
I hate when I sprint for a bus only to have the driver slam the door in my face. I hate when people harbor a seat for their purse/briefcase when people are left standing in the aisle. I also don't care to hear one more inane cell phone conversation. Or smell one more sneaky morning fart.
But last night, after treking over to the Seattle School of Visual Concepts to pick up some posters, I sprinted to catch the 3 back to First Hill. I missed it! But I was redeemed by the number 2 bus. Who pulled over even though there wasn't a stop and let me ride to catch up with the 3. I savor small victories, my friends. If you ride the bus you know exactly what I mean.

1 comment:

g3po said...

this is my new favorite blog.... i'm intrigued by your wit and sense of humor. makes me want to start one of my own